In the distant 1971, the outstanding first medical medical faculty opened at the Poltava Medical Dental Institute originates.
Highly qualified specialists in the field of education and medicine were hired by the institute for teaching positions to train general practitioners. V.F. Postnikov became the first dean of the medical medical faculty (1971-1973). One of his first decisions was to combine the forces of the best specialists from all areas of medical science for the most successful organization of the educational process at the faculty. Over the entire history of the Faculty of Medicine, its deans were prominent professors and associate professors such as V.M. Bobirov, Yu.O. Maksimuk, A.O. Lagutin, Yu.P. Kostilenko, V.Y. Sannik, V.P. Mishchenko. For 12 years now, the dean of the faculty is a candidate of medical sciences, associate professor M.M. Ryabushka.
During the existence of the medical faculty of medicine, more than ten thousand specialists in their field have been trained from all over the world, among them therapists, neuropathologists, obstetrician-gynecologists, surgeons, urologists, oculists and other specialties.
In connection with the change in 2012, the Faculty of Medicine was renamed the Faculty of Medicine No. 1.
The main goal of the Faculty of Medicine is to train highly qualified specialists who are well aware of their professional work, have fundamental theoretical and practical training in medicine, focused on modern, advanced achievements in the field of medical science, are professionally competent and competitive in the labor market in the context of the development of modern society.
At the end of their studies, graduates of the Faculty of Medicine No. 1 are awarded a state diploma certifying their higher education in the specialty "General Medicine".
The first and main strategic task of the faculty is the training of specialists of a new level, because since 2005 the educational process has been carried out according to European standards for the quality of training of specialists in accordance with the Bologna Convention adopted by Ukraine.
The implementation of a professional educational program according to new standards at the Faculty of Medicine No. 1 is provided by a highly qualified faculty. Scientific and pedagogical schools have been formed and are working fruitfully: pathological anatomy (supervisor - doctor of medical sciences, professor Gasyuk Anatoly Petrovich) experimental and clinical pharmacology (supervisor - Honored Worker of Science and Technology of Ukraine, doctor of medical sciences, professor Bobyrev Viktor Nikolaevich), therapy (supervisor - Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor Katerinchuk Ivan Petrovich), which opens up opportunities for research and training in master's and postgraduate studies.
The Ukrainian Medical Dental Academy was the result of the opening of the odontological faculty of the Kharkov Medical Academy on September 30, 1921 and became the first academic specialized higher educational institution to train dentists in the territory of the USSR.
By a decision of the governing bodies, on August 19, 1931, the dentistry faculty was reorganized into the Kharkov Dental Institute, after 36 years in 1967 it was transferred to the city of Poltava. This decision was utilitarian in nature, facilitated the provision of qualified medical assistance to the rural population and the provision of the Poltava, Cherkasy, Sumy, Chernihiv and Kherson regions, both dentists and doctors in other areas. In 1971, a medical faculty was opened on the basis of the institute (today - medical No. 1).
In 1994, the expert commission of the State Inspection of Educational Institutions of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine and the expert commission of the Main Accreditation Directorate of Educational Institutions of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine certified the Poltava Medical Dental Institute as a higher educational institution for the fourth (highest) level of accreditation. By the resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of August 29, 1994 “On improving the network of higher education institutions”, the Ukrainian Medical Dental Academy was established on the basis of the Poltava Medical Dental Institute.
The emergence of faculty No. 2 was caused by the optimization of the training of specialists of the educational qualification level “specialist” in the specialties 7.110101 “General Medicine” and 7.110104 “Pediatrics” and, in accordance with the decision of the Academic Council of the Academy (protocol No. 7 dated 1.02.2012), the reorganization of the medical faculty was carried out VDNZU "UMSA" by creating two faculties: the medical faculty number 1 and the medical faculty number 2.
Since February 2012, the Honorary First Dean of the Faculty of Medicine No. 2 was Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor V. Pokhilko, who put a lot of effort into creating the faculty and providing the material and technical base of the dean's office. Since September 2019, the duties of Dean of the Faculty of Medicine No. 2 have been performed by the candidate of medical sciences, associate professor Kapustyansky D.V.
The medical faculty No. 2 contains the proper material and technical base, fully provides the conditions for the training of specialists and meets the requirements of higher education. Clinical departments of the faculty are located in the regional and city health facilities of the city of Poltava, the bed capacity of which is 6095 beds, used in the educational process and allow to provide practical training of students at the proper level. Clinical departments are equipped with modern diagnostic and medical equipment, which makes it possible to carry out diagnostics and treatment at the modern level, using modern scientific achievements. In the departments and in the rooms of comfortable dormitories where students live, all conditions for high-quality education and cultural leisure are created.
The departments of the faculty introduce the latest technology for teaching and monitoring students' knowledge. The developed training system based on computer classes, using computer programs and high-speed Internet access. Modern educational technologies are used that can improve the process of transmitting information, bring it closer to the conditions of the doctor's future daily activities. The issue of methodological support of the educational process occupies a special place in the work of the Faculty of Medicine No. 2. Teachers are actively introducing modern technologies and teaching methods, the latest pedagogical achievements, new conceptual ideas.
On September 30, 1921, the board of Ukrgolovprofosu adopted a resolution on the immediate opening of the odontological faculty at the Kharkov State Medical Academy (the name of the medical faculty, which later separated from Kharkov University).
Ukrgolovprofos appointed the outstanding dean professor Yu.M. as the first dean of the faculty of odontology Hofung. His responsibilities included organizing the faculty and its educational process. The organization of the departments of the new faculty required incredible effort, labor and perseverance.
Four special departments were created, which were headed by scientists known in wide mounds. Professor I.G. Geisenberg headed the Department of Surgical Dentistry with Maxillofacial Orthopedics, Professor M. B. Fabrikant headed the Department of Separate Surgery of the Oral Cavity and Related Sections, Professor B. B. Brandsburg was appointed head of the Department of Orthopedic Dentistry for Orthodontics, and Professor Yu.M. Gofung himself headed the Department of Conservative Dentistry with Propaedeutic Dentistry.
Students began to be admitted in the same 1921. 250 people became first-year students, 169 students of the dental school were enrolled in the second year, who during the summer underwent additional training in biology and general histology.
The curriculum, created in 1921, had to be gradually adjusted in accordance with objective conditions, which did not give full opportunity to put teaching, in particular practical classes, to the proper level until 1924. The faculty leaders had to constantly fight for the entire system of odontological education. Indeed, a number of congresses and meetings periodically (2-3 times a year) discussed its very expediency.
Already in 1924, the first 72 dentists were graduated, with high-quality training both in practice and with deep general medical and biological knowledge.
The faculty was managed by the dean as part of the dean and technical secretary. Under the dean’s office, there was a presidium of the faculty commission consisting of a chairman — the dean and members — professors and secretaries of the faculty commission.
Professional training of specialists for foreign countries is among the priorities of the state policy of Ukraine, which provides its cultural and national values through educational services.
Among the educational institutions of Ukraine, in this context, the Ukrainian Medical Dental Academy is confidently operating; during the existence of the faculty for training foreign students, it gained a lot of experience in internationalizing higher medical education, in particular in organizing a holistic process of training modern medical specialists for foreign countries in demand on the labor market.
The academy has a faculty council and a cyclic methodological commission for the preparation of foreign students. Its main functions are the development and implementation of the methodological foundations of teaching foreign students and its quality control directly in the departments. Since 2004, in the specialties "Dentistry" and "General Medicine", students are taught in English.
UMSA carries out the selection of teachers from among the teaching staff, using the material and technical base and applying innovations in teaching technology, provide competitive education to foreign students.
The main focus of the faculty is the preparation of highly qualified specialists who are in demand on the world market for providing medical services, who know their job, have high professional training, focused on achieving the final results of preserving the health of the population of their countries, brought up in the spirit of the best achievements and achievements of Ukrainian science and culture.
The dean’s training for foreign students and curators of academic groups conduct activities aimed at observance by foreign students of moral standards of behavior in their new sociocultural space, fostering friendly relations between representatives of different ethnic groups and promoting a healthy lifestyle among students.
Today, more than 1,250 foreign students study at the academy.
In 1993, it was decided to establish the Educational Scientific Institute of Postgraduate Education. With the aim of further improvement of postgraduate education, in-depth qualified training of doctors to fulfill their professional duties.
The leadership of the educational and scientific institute of postgraduate education solves the issues of postgraduate education and continuing professional development by expanding professional knowledge and skills or obtaining a second specialty based on the obtained educational qualification level and practical experience.
In October 2018, the Educational and Scientific Institute of Postgraduate Education celebrated its 25th anniversary. A scientific conference "Actual Issues of Postgraduate Medical Education and Clinical Medicine" was organized. A documentary film "Educational and Scientific Institute of Postgraduate Education UMSA - 25" was created.
Presented by Professor I.M. Skrypnik, vice-rector for scientific and pedagogical work and postgraduate education, "25 years of postgraduate education: from the beginnings to the present."
UMSA College of Medicine is an educational institution that prepares specialists who are oriented in various areas of a medical and pharmaceutical worker, ready to accept new ideas and technologies.
The College of Medicine begins in 1994, when the Faculty of Nursing was created, which trained nurses in the curriculum for nursing (junior specialist, bachelor). In May 1995, a dental department was established.
The Faculty of Nursing and the Dental Unit were reorganized into the Medical College of the Ukrainian Medical Dental Academy in 2004, and a year later the Medical College of the Higher State Educational Institution of Ukraine "Ukrainian Medical Dental Academy".
In 2008, the pharmaceutical department was successfully launched and operates, and since 2012, the training of junior specialists - pharmacists in extramural studies has been opened.
Today, a medical college graduates specialists in the following specialties: 223 Nursing (GP Nursing), 221 Dentistry (OP Dentistry), 226 Pharmacy, industrial pharmacy (OPP Pharmacy).
Since 1997, in order to prepare citizens of foreign countries to enter the higher educational institutions of Ukraine, primarily at the Ukrainian Medical Dental Academy, a separate unit has been organized at UMSA - a preparatory department for foreign citizens.
In December 2018, in connection with the expansion of the functions and forms of providing educational services to foreign citizens who are first arriving to study at UMSA, according to the decision of the Academic Council of the Academy and the order of the rector, the preparatory department for foreign citizens was renamed the Educational and Scientific Center for the Training of Foreign Citizens.
The unit is headed by an experienced qualified specialist in teaching language as a foreign goddess Larisa Viktorovna
Over the years of continuous work, the units have been trained for entry by more than 1375 foreign citizens. The vast majority of graduates (about 80%) continued their studies in basic specialties at the Ukrainian Medical Dental Academy.
The educational process is provided by teachers with extensive experience working with foreigners at the initial stage of 10 to 30 years.
© 2020 - Company, Inc. All rights reserved